Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Small personal accomplishments

Yesterday and today I got a few things done on my to-do list, some were first time events that had me a little intimidated, but I did them and feel some degree of achievement....

Touched up some scratches on the back and sides of my van,
Bought and replaced the 2 four-foot long fluorescent tubes in my kitchen's ceiling fixture,
Put the kickstand on my bicycle and it actually works properly for the first time in 3 years,
Updated my account info on my 6 domains and realized I need to renew in a few weeks.
Posted my first item for sale on Craig's list. Click on today's heading to see what it is.

Got up on a ladder in my hall to paint the edging and corners.



One of my neighbors passed me in the lobby carrying a white toilet seat. The Super asked what he was going to do with it and he said: get rid of it. I took it just as I was about to ascend in the elevator. It was used but exactly like the one I wanted to replace. So I took off the old seat, cleaned both, attached the new one, and used my old one to replace the cracked wooden one in my powder room. So I saved $40, and was able to cross 2 items off my wish list. Now I can Freecycle the wood one. Want it?

Now if I could just get my neighbors above me to stop walking across their bare floors in their hard soled shoes and to put felt pads on the feet of the furniture they like to drag across the floor several times a day. I wish my Spanish vocabulary was better... I'm trying to write them a note.