Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Raising funds: Exploit my crazy idea while it lasts

It was nearly 10 years ago (Aug. 20, 1997) that I survived a home invasion. Imagine waking to the sound of shattering glass and then running down stairs to find a strange man climbing in your dining room window. The light was on so I could see his face clearly (and later was able to identify him in court). I yelled at him to get out and then picked up the phone and called 9-1-1. Right in front of him. Stupid move. If he had had a gun I wouldn't be here today. So, I'm feeling grateful to be alive.

Seemingly totally unrelated to the above, I'm in a cash crunch while I update my home for sale and pack my belongings for storage. You may have read that my condo board has forbidden me to have a web site and Internet business, sell books or promote my services or books by appearing on the radio or TV. They have virtually cut off 99% of my income for the past 9 months, crippling me financially. (Yes I plan to sue them, but not until I have sold my condo, or I could find myself in mortal danger again from retaliation.) Until then I'm struggling to keep the mortgage paid and the lights (and AC) on. I need to generate some income fast.

So I have decided to do something outrageous for the month of August, both to celebrate and to look after my financial needs. Here's the deal:

For the month of August you can negotiate your own price for any of my services and publications. If you've ever wanted to buy something or retain me but felt uncomfortable about discussing a price that fits your budget now is the time to ask. Don't be shy. Tell me what you want - your wishlist - and what you are willing to pay. I could counter-offer, I could say yes, but I won't say no if you're sincere and respectful.

My hope is that you will grab anything and everything that appeals to you. I don't have access to my web pages so I haven't changed the prices on the web pages.... but if you email me with the items you want, I can send you a PayPal request for payment for the items at the "new" price we agree to. I can also accept debit and credit cards by phone. Links to all items are found on my home page. (Click on today's subject heading.) Then look for links: "Order Books" and "Arrange Services".

Get creative. Load up all of August. If you want 10 of my 30 minute consults over the next year, let's negotiate a better rate now - confirmed with payment - and arrange them whenever you wish in coming months. Consider them as gift certificates for yourself.

This should be fun. I'm looking forward to receiving your email.

Andrea