Sunday, August 12, 2007

How I'm marketing my 3 bedroom condo in St. Catharines Ontario



Five things so far:

1. Upgrading the unit with new paint everywhere - every room, every door, and the balcony - and replacing items like fuse box for a new breaker panel, sink faucet, etc. The old paint was grey and purple HIGH GLOSS. Now it's calming, neutral tan and ivory eggshell enamel... all Benjamin Moore quality paints.

2. Adding another $500 to the asking price each day to motivate buyers to buy TODAY, and not wait another day. Today the Asking Price is $141,500. Tomorrow it will be $142,000. When I bought it 2 years ago the asking price was $145,900 and it was dirty, dusty and tattered. The more work I do, the higher the price.

3. Offering a $1000 finders fee, upped from $500. I'll do all the work, showing it, answering questions, providing the blank offer, negotiating the terms, etc. It should be little or no work for you. All you would have to do is: bring me a prospective buyer who:

a. wants a condo and not a house,
b. understands about living in condos,
c. has pre-approval from a lender for financing or has cash,
d. has a down payment secured,
e. has looked at other condos - this isn't the first one to be viewed,
f. does not have to finder a buyer for his/her home or wait for a lease to end,
g. smokes or doesn't mind smoke from neighbors's balconies,
h. doesn't need me to spend hours educating her/him about buying a home, living in a condo,
i. IDEALLY: would like to take all the furniture and furnishings too,
j. could take possession as soon as September 1, or very soon after.

I ask that I be given 24 hours to put away tools, dismantle my office and make the place presentable so it shows well.

4. Uploading photos to my web site. Click on today's heading to see older photos. I am way behind in taking new photos as I don't have a digital camera, so you can't see the work I've been doing. New photo of dining room below:


5. Offering to let bona fide prospective buyers spend 24 hours in the unit to see if they would like living here. This is not free accommodation for everyone. I require written proof of a lending institution's mortgage or loan approval first.

Contact me by email if you have a buyer for my condo.

Andrea