Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Now you can read my rants on 2 web sites

Don't be surprised if I sound like a female Dr. Phil of the consulting world; it wouldn't sound like a rant if I weren't a feisty "broad". The humorist I admire the most is Lewis Black, so that explains part of it. But my personality has always been somewhat cutting; I was known in university for having an acerbic wit. My radio commentaries were used for years as teaching tools in journalism classes because the twist at the end of each news segment made my audience laugh, so if you studied Writing for the Media at Kent State University you may have heard my voice. I'll never be Lewis Black... but I can hold my own with the best of them.

And I have to give credit here to an old college pal who bantered with me in Psychology 101 and over coffee and brought out this facet of my personality I didn't know existed. He really kept me on my toes. You may know of John. He moved to LA, got a recurring part on Days of Our Lives, and some years later created the part of Q on Star Trek. We've lost touch but I will always have him to thank for exhorting my retorts and comebacks.

So you are forewarned. There are at the moment two rants each on:

http://www.AndreaReynolds.com/rants.html and
http://www.CommissonFreeSpeakers.com/rants.html

Let these be a lesson to you. Tick me off and I'll write about your behavior! But I'd make a terrific speaker at your next convention or conference.