Saturday, October 13, 2007

What's happening with the condo?

DISTRACTIONS
I haven't started promoting the condo essay contest and the book (Your Wisdom is Worth a Million) to the press and media because I haven't been able to finish painting the condo and finish writing the book. I've had so many interruptions and distractions from people asking me for estimates on work I can do for them - and then I don't hear from them again - or requests from people I like to "send this email to 12 people you know." I'm spending 8 AM to 4 PM at the computer just taking care of other people's needs and then too achey and too exhausted to then get up on a ladder or start writing for me.

INCOME IS A *GOOD* THING
Don't get me wrong, I love hearing from people and love receiving 1) book orders, 2) paid 30 minute consults, and 3) paid speaker memberships on CommissionFreeSpeakers, but unnecessary demands on my time is stressful when I need to focus on getting the condo ready and getting the book completed. I'm running out of time and feeling very anxious about it.

BIG PROJECTS
Having to answer questions like: "Will you write a book for me and accept a percentage of my sales as payment?" tries my patience. Having to explain that if the person can't sell more than 10 books, my payment for 6 months of research, writing, editing, fact checking, proofreading, formatting will be negligible. If I do all the promotion, selling and distribution as well, then it is virtually my book, and I should receive 100%. Now, if you want to pay me $1 a word (10,000 -75,000 words) plus co-credit I might be coaxed into ghostwriting your book. Send inquiries in confidence to: info@AndreaReynolds.com.

CONTEST ENTRIES
The contest entry influx is down to a trickle for the moment and I have read every one that has come in. I am looking for something specific and, while so many are heartwarming, so far I have not seen the thing I'm hoping to see. That's all I'm going to say; if I say any more I'll influence the outcome. I am NOT abandoning the condo essay contest!

SHOULD I SELL THE CONDO?
In light of the contest entries which haven't been as satisfying as I had hoped - not in number, but in content - I'm posting some ads on the Internet, as a backup plan. I have two on Craig's List (Toronto and St. Catharines) and will put one on HomesByOwner.com this weekend. I met with the owner of my local HomesByOwner.com this week and was impressed with his professionalism and good business thinking. I've got it listed at $146,000. This price will allow me to walk away with nothing.

YOU CAN HELP
Here's how you can make my life easier:

1. Make a donation. Click on heading at top of this post.

2. Book a 30 minute consult with me.

3. Buy some of my books. See "Andrea's E-Books" and "Fundraising Books".

4. Hold off on asking me for an estimate on a big project. All my fees are posted on AndreaReynolds.com

5. Book me to speak on Empathy: The Antidote to School Shootings. (I was a witness to a school shooting.)

6. Find me a buyer for my condo; there's a $500 finder's fee in it for you if your referral results in a satisfactory sale.