Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What do you think of women from the Philippines?

This is way off my topic I know but I've been thinking about this recently. Once recognized as a relationship expert by the press and media I am always thinking about things like cross-cultural relationships. An old episode of Art Bell's show was on Coast to Coast AM this weekend. He is now enjoying marriage and new baby with his second Filipina wife. I wondered: what is it about Filipina women? Why are they so considered so desirable as wives by North American and Australian men?

I found this on another blog (click on title above): "...a Filipina has integrity. She is trustworthy, caring, loyal, respectful and non-confrontational (meaning they will not confront you in front of other people to avoid embarassment.)"

Sounds like what we could all aspire to.

I know there is an image of Filipinas as pen-pals and wannabe brides, but maybe they deserve a second look and more respect. If they bring those traits to our countries won't our societies only benefit from how they behave and teach their children? From what I have read family is everything to a Filipino woman. That can only be good.

I'd love to hear your comments.